Y Chromosome Testing
A Y chromosome test (Y-STR test) is used to determine if tested males share the same paternal lineage. The Y chromosome is passed down from father to son and has a very low mutation rate as generations go by. If a direct male line can be traced, then all males in that line will have the identical Y chromosome profiles. A Y-STR test is ideal for establishing whether alleged male relatives are really biologically related.The cost of the Y chromosome test is RM2,100 .
Who would need a Y chromosome test?
- In the absence of the alleged father for a paternity DNA test, it is possible to test the alleged father’s male relatives alongside the alleged father’s male child/children to confirm or exclude paternity.
- This test can be used in cases where brothers want to know if they share the same father.
- Male cousins can use this test to see if their fathers were brothers or to check if they shared a common Grandfather.
- In immigration cases, the Y chromosome test can be used to scientifically prove a biological relationship when there are no birth certificates or other legal records.
- Adopted children who wish to reunite with their birth parents.
How do I order a Y chromosome test?
At EasyDNA we offer a full range of relationship testing starting at only RM2,100 . The cost is an all inclusive cost for the home sample collection kit, the analysis and your results. Your kit will be send upon confirmation to the address you specify. In cases where individuals taking part in the test live at different addresses or even in different countries, we can organise dispatch of kits to the required addresses through our network of worldwide offices.
Using our easy-to-use instructions, collect the DNA samples and send them to our lab for analysis. For detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to use your DNA testing kit visit our sample collection guide. You will receive your DNA test results between 7-10 days working days after we have received samples.
Note: We can only guarantee standard result turnaround time when testing takes place solely using oral swab samples. Using a discreet sample for your test may lead to an increase in turnaround time.